[Esip_dmtraining] Monthly call tomorrow for Data Management Training

Nancy Hoebelheinrich nhoebel at kmotifs.com
Wed Nov 30 17:20:21 EST 2016

Hello, everyone:

Hope you-all can make a call tomorrow with the Data Management Training
Working Group at 9 am Pacific, 10 am Mountain, 11 am Central, 12 Eastern.
Call-in information can be found on the ESIP Telecon website at:
http://www.esipfed.org/telecons and below.

A draft agenda follows:

-          Data Management Training (DM) Clearinghouse - status & plans
(Nancy)

o   Status of inventory;  any issues arising from experience with search,
browse, submission?

o   Our SOI for USGS Community for Data Integration funding has received
enough votes to allow us to submit a full proposal, due late January 2017:
planning for that

o   Discussions on integrating the NEON Data Lesson Catalog with the DMT
Clearinghouse

o   Exploring options for bulk loading of resource submissions to the
Clearinghouse

o   Proposal to create a framework for usability testing to inform our plan
for enhancements to Clearinghouse

-          ESIP Winter plans

o   DMT Clearinghouse to be one of the sites used to demo usability testing
techniques (Sophie)

o   Poster

-          Core Skills for Data Professionals

-          Planning for evaluation of existing Short Course modules &
creation of new

-          Any reports from other groups (USGS?  DataONE?)

-          Anything else?

Please feel free to suggest / bring additions to the discussion tomorrow.
This will be our last meeting before the ESIP Winter meeting, so hope you
can join.

Call-in info:

https://www.gotomeeting.com/join/235823221

Nancy