[Esip-citationguidelines] Contributor Roles Crosswalk

Roberto Di Cosmo roberto at dicosmo.org
Wed May 19 11:42:55 EDT 2021

Dear Ted,
   thank you for sharing this work!

Several roles related to software appear in your crosswalk table, so you may
find interesting to correlate with the following 9 key roles in software:

  • Software Architecture
  • Software Coding
  • Software Debugging
  • Software Design
  • Software Documentation
  • Software Maintenance
  • Software Management
  • Software Support
  • Software Testing

They are based on what has been used for over a decade in France for
career evaluation and technology transfer at Inria and CNRS

All the details, with explanation of the meaning of each role, can be found in
the following article

Attributing and Referencing (Research) Software: Best Practices and Outlook From
Inria Journal Article, Computing in Science Engineering, 22 (1), pp. 39-52,
2020, ISSN: 1558-366X https://dx.doi.org/10.1109/MCSE.2019.2949413 (green open
access: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-02135891)

Cheers

--
Roberto

On Mon, May 17, 2021 at 09:07:10AM -0600, Ted Habermann via Esip-citationguidelines wrote:
>    All,
>
>    The Contributor Roles Crosswalk I sent out last week is now on Zenodo.
>    I am sure it can be improved. Commecnt / suggestions welcome.
>
>    Ted
>
>     [1]https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.4767798
>
> References
>
>    1. https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.4767798

Roberto Di Cosmo

Computer Science Professor
            (on leave at INRIA from IRIF/Université de Paris)

Director
Software Heritage                https://www.softwareheritage.org
INRIA
Bureau C328		     E-mail : roberto at dicosmo.org
2, Rue Simone Iff          Web page : http://www.dicosmo.org
CS 42112		    Twitter : http://twitter.com/rdicosmo
75589 Paris Cedex 12	        Tel : +33 1 80 49 44 42