[Esip-meetings] Dates for 2022

Denise Hills denise.j.hills at gmail.com
Mon Apr 19 10:55:50 EDT 2021

Hi Susan,

For the July meeting, it would be nice if it also didn't conflict with
the Earth
Educators Rendezvous <https://serc.carleton.edu/earth_rendezvous/index.html>
(this year scheduled for July 12-16, 2021; I couldn't find a date for 2022
but someone on the Education Committee may know).

For the January meeting, we've typically avoided AMS
<https://annual.ametsoc.org/index.cfm/2022/> (scheduled for 23-27 January
2022; 08-12 Jan 2023; 28-31 Jan 2024 - it looks as though they have
dates/locations tentatively set through 2032!). If the January meeting
remains in the DC area, it's also good to look at when Congress resumes
session, as well as inaugurations in relevant years, as that can affect
ticket prices and hotel availability.

One other concern about the January meeting is that those associated with
Universities often have challenges with the start of classes, but that
varies so widely that it may not be able to be taken into consideration.

Hope that helps!

Denise