[Esip-sample-curation] Agenda items for next meeting (April 18th at 4pm ET)

Sarah Ramdeen sramdeen at ldeo.columbia.edu
Wed Apr 6 17:04:34 EDT 2022

Hello Everyone,

Thank you all for completing the doodle poll.  We have an official new
meeting time.  It is the third Monday of the month at 4pm ET.  Our next
meeting will take place on April 18th.

To prepare for the next meeting we have a few things we would like you to
consider.  ESIP session proposals are due April 29th
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BGplQ1XrlZqoOy_lH-rOSe_VUH3BJzdoVzJXEoFZbwM/edit?usp=sharing>.
We should discuss if we want to submit a proposal (yes) and what we want to
get out of the session.

We will also be continuing our review of the sample sharing guidelines
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JnoWC9IE9r4LIa6mYeCjehuMJ6GARU3LDobpau9waz4/edit?usp=sharing>.
Things are shaping up nicely.  Val and I met today and identified a few
topics for the group to discuss. Please review the current draft with the
following points in mind:

   1. Wordsmithing title – keep as is, or simplify (like software citation
   guidelines)
   2. list of objects covered by this document (in preamble),
   3. Sample availability vs data availability timeline. What is
   preliminary access?
   4. Where to put sample acknowledgement/availability statement/citation
   format? Does this go in the appendix/supplement?
   5. What is the suggested formatting for a sample citation (be inclusive
   of large batches of samples) – need to work through this section together
   (thanks to Adam for getting it started)
   6. Untouched sections: Peer Review, Paper Acceptance, Data Availability
   Statement

Thanks!
Sarah

--