[Esip-agclimate] Fwd: Re: Scheduling a regular time for monthly Esip-agclimate telecon

Bill Teng william.l.teng at nasa.gov
Mon Oct 21 17:42:39 EDT 2013

Hi, All:

We're back! :-)

Our poll, "Scheduling a regular time for monthly Esip-agclimate telecon
(2)," currently has six entries; there's also one more entry via email.
Of the total of seven entries, the Tuesday 11 am - noon slot (Eastern)
has the most votes (6). So, I'm proposing we close the poll and hold our
regular monthly telecon the first Tuesday of each month. The next two
telecons will thus be Nov. 5 and Dec. 3. Main topic will be what do we
want to do for ESIP 2014 Winter Meeting. I assume we'll propose/have a
session. Here are some items on my list:

1. Inventory of ESIP expertise/resources related to climate change,
agriculture, and their relationship. I've an action item to email
esip-all for inputs.
2. Review of ongoing work in climate change and agriculture (e.g.,
USDA's Climate Change Program Office). I'd like to get suggestions on
how we should go about doing this review.
3. I did have that initial follow-up (to Chapel Hill) meeting with Bill
Hohenstein of CCPO but have not done more, because ...
4. ... I'm thinking we should focus on the LTAR group for now, partly
due to time constraints and partly because I think they are more ready
to collaborate, not in the sense that they are more willing but in the
sense that it's easier to see how ESIP and LTAR might collaborate. CCPO
is a coordinating group for all the many participating USDA agencies, so
it'd take more time to drill down to specific agencies and their
interests and needs.
5. Possible invited speakers to ESIP'14 Winter: (1) Mark Walbridge; a
repeat from Chapel Hill but in person and more focused discussion on
specific potential collaboration areas (e.g., data, data technologies);
(2) Simon Liu (National Ag Library), who'll be heading up (I think) the
LTAR archive component (down the road a bit, schedule-wise, but perhaps
he could give a preview); (3) others?
6. Mapping of ESIP expertise/resources (1) to LTAR roadmap I'd uploaded
to http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Agriculture_and_Climate.

Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

Bill