[ESIP-all] Data Set Publications

Vanessa Griffin vanessa.l.griffin at nasa.gov
Fri May 2 18:26:52 EDT 2003

Everyone:

The Federation E-Jounal working group is interested in knowing what, if any
journals accept articles about data sets (two examples brought to my
attention are an ESA Journal, Ecological Archives and an AGU journal
G-Cubed).  I would also like to know what peer-reviewed Journals accept
data set citations (as references) and what their citation requirements are.

The working group needs to understand the support for data set publications
and citations by the main stream journals so we can decide how best to
approach the new E-Journal proposal.

Can you send me responses as quickly as possible?

Thanks,

Vanessa

Vanessa L. Griffin
Science Operations Manager
Earth Science Data and Information Systems Project
Code 423
Goddard Space Flight Center
Greenbelt MD 20771
voice: 301-614-5365