[ESIP-all] EDDC growing internally--Benefits for you

Bruce Caron exdir at newmediastudio.org
Mon Sep 8 14:45:02 EDT 2003

Hello ESIP partners,

Our ESIP, the Earth Data Discovery Consortium ESIP, is welcoming some
new faces from our new organizational partner, RSI Inc.

As we move ahead with plans to extend our data discovery technology, we
are very happy to have the active participation of one of our main
technology suppliers.
Please feel free to look at the full announcement on our ESIP page:

http://www.newmediastudio.org/EDDC/

NOTE also that RSI is offering to Education ESIPS (but not to commercial
or government organizations) discounts for RSI software.  You can
contact our RSI EDDC ESIP lead, Karl Nichols for more details.

knichols at rsinc.com

HERE is also the text of the RSI announcement, FYI:

Research Systems, Inc. (RSI) fosters new discovery and improved
coursework in the academic community by providing tools for analysis and
visualization. Our academic programs give students and researchers
access to IDL and ENVI with reduced pricing options. These discounts
allow science and engineering students to develop the background they
need to launch their professional careers.

Started by a graduate student at the University of Colorado in 1977, RSI
has always had a rich academic heritage.  We are committed as ever to
developing and fostering excellent relationships with top universities
across the country.

Academic ESIP members receive an additional discount on RSI’s products.

Research Systems, Inc. (RSI) is a provider of complete high-performance
data visualization and analysis solutions including software, consulting
and training that turn complex data into useful information.

Our goal at RSI is to be the leading supplier of software tools and
services for the Earth Sciences, Physical Sciences, Industrial Sciences
and Engineering markets, which extract, visualize and analyze
information from imagery and other data to provide solutions that meet
our customer's research and production application needs.

******

We look forward to bringing new expertise and energy to the Federation
through our expanded ESIP!

cheers

bruce caron

Bruce R. Caron, PhD
Executive Director
The New Media Studio
2950 State Street, Suite C
Santa Barbara, California, 93105 USA

eMail:exdir at newmediastudio.org

a 501(c)3 public benefit corporation
"building digital tools for the human environment"
tel: 805 687 3515
Fax: 805 687-7515
www.newmediastudio.org