[ESIP-all] Fall AGU session IN16: Technology and Application of Sensor Webs in Earth and Space Science

Goodman, Michael Michael.Goodman at nasa.gov
Tue Jul 25 17:41:35 EDT 2006

Fellow ESIPers:

We would like to announce a session on Technology and Application of Sensor Web in Earth and Space Science at the Fall AGU meeting in San Francisco, CA on 11-15 December 2006.  Please distribute this announcement to any one who you think might be interested.

IN16: Technology and Application of Sensor Webs in Earth and Space Science

A standards-based Sensor Web enables the rapid discovery, access, and tasking of heterogeneous networks of sensor systems, whether they are surface-, airborne, or space-based systems.  Advancements in web services and encodings within the Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) Sensor Web Enablement initiative, as well as both hardware and web-based standards within other communities, provide new paradigms for current and future access and utilization of a vast network of sensor systems. The goal of the session is to solicit papers that describe existing and emerging sensor web approaches, architectures, and standards related to enabling Sensor Webs, as well as Earth and Space Observation applications that are currently utilizing these capabilities. The session will serve as an introduction to sensor web technologies as well as explore their potential benefits in applications such as rapid response, sensor alert notification, interactions between sensor observations and models, information generation and validation, and autonomous sensor networks.

We are now accepting general contributions to this session.  This is a great opportunity to present your work and experience involving sensor webs to a wide audience of Earth and Space scientists.  If you have work in any area of Sensor Webs that you'd like to present, please follow the AGU web link below to find out more details on the session:

http://www.agu.org/meetings/fm06/?content=search&show=detail&sessid=469

Please note that the submission deadline is 7 September 2006.

To submit your abstract, follow the link from the AGU Fall Meeting web site at:

http://www.agu.org/meetings/fm06/

Finally, we are authorized to invite up to 4 authors to give presentations at our session. Please contact one of us (contact information below) if you have suggestions on "individuals who will add an extraordinary dimension to a session that might not otherwise be captured through a regular contribution."

We look forward to seeing you in San Francisco.

Regards,

Mike Botts (mike.botts at uah.edu)
Michael Goodman (michael.goodman at nasa.gov)

Michael Goodman
256 961 7890 voice

VP61 / Earth  Science Office
National Space Science and Technology Center
NASA / Marshall Space Flight Center
320 Sparkman Drive
Huntsville, AL  35805