[ESIP-all] Decisions Cluster telecon next week to plan Winter meeting

Raskin, Rob (388M) robert.g.raskin at jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Aug 18 03:27:09 EDT 2009

The next ESIP Decisions Cluster telecon is next Tuesday. We will begin assembling an agenda for the Winter ESIP Meeting (Washington, DC, Jan 5-7, 2010) with a Decisions theme:

When: Tuesday Aug 25, 1:00pm EDT
Dial: 800-508-7631
Access Code: *1297219*

We need your input on speakers, workshops, and presentations on topics such as:

------------------------
1. Decision-making case studies
What worked and what didn't? Were data and tools adequate? What are the relevant agency processes/activities? How do people make decisions?

2. Decision-making metrics
What constitutes a successful decision? How can we measure success?

3. Decision-making tools
What decision support tools and models are available? How can we move from stovepiped systems to interoperable services? Are standards relevant?

4. Links with application areas
Joint Decision sessions with other ESIP clusters/applications (Air Quality, Water)

Finally, we need to select a Cluster Chair and Vice-Chair.

Thanks,
Rob

Rob Raskin
Group Supervisor, Science Data Engineering and Archiving
Instrument Software and Science Data Systems Section
Jet Propulsion Laboratory
Pasadena, CA 91109
(818) 354-4228