[ESIP-all] Monday Update: Winter Meeting | Collab Area Evaluations

Erin Robinson erinrobinson at esipfed.org
Mon Dec 12 10:50:52 EST 2011

Hi All,

Good to see so many ESIP folks at AGU last week. Overall, it was a good
meeting and the two ESIP-sponsored events (Data Management 101 for
Scientist<http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/2011AGUworkshop>and
Ignite at AGU <http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Ignite@AGU>) were both
well-received.

ESIP Winter Meeting <http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Winter_2012_Meeting>
:

   - *Early bird meeting registration*
   <http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Winter_2012_Meeting#Registration>and
   the hotel room block will end on Tuesday, 12/13.
   - *Posters/Demos<http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Winter_2012_Meeting#Poster_Session_and_Reception>
   * - If you'd like to present poster or demo at the reception submit
   abstracts Friday, 12/16 via the meeting registration page. (dimensions:
   3'x4').
   - *Business Meeting
Agenda<http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/2012_Annual_Business_Meeting>
   *has been posted. There are a few constitution changes. Please review
   beforehand.
   - **ESIP Holiday** - Carol and I will be taking time off between
   Christmas and New Year's. With that in mind please try to have any
   meeting-related business finished by Dec. 21. Thanks in advance!

ESIP Collaboration Area Semi-Annual Evaluations:
<http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Form:SemiAnnualReview>
We are requesting that the ESIP collaboration areas (clusters, work groups
and committees), submit a short report of the work they've accomplished. I
have moved this form to the wiki, so that groups can collaboratively fill
this form out. If you have been engaged in a group in the last six months,
feel free to start/edit these evaluations. Thanks in advance for your help!

Finally, the Foundation offices are consolidating in Raleigh, NC as of
Wednesday. I obviously have professional connections in the area and am
excited to have the opportunity to work more closely with Carol regularly.
My family is also in NC, so it will be great to be closer to them as well.

Best -
Erin

*Erin Robinson*
Information and Virtual Community Director
Foundation for Earth Science | 314.369.9954 | erinrobinson at esipfed.org
www.esipfed.org
[image: Facebook]<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Federation-of-Earth-Science-Information-Partners-ESIP/150015055044779>
 [image: Twitter] <http://www.twitter.com/ESIPFed> [image: