[ESIP-all] Announcing AGU Fall Meeting Session IN025: Geostationary Satellite Data Generation

Steven Goodman steven.j.goodman at noaa.gov
Tue Jun 19 17:49:42 EDT 2012

Dear Colleagues,

We are pleased to announce *Session IN025: Geostationary Satellite Data
Generation* at the 2012 Fall American Geophysical Union meeting on 3-7
December 2012 in San Francisco, California.

Please consider submitting an abstract for this Earth and Space Science
Informatics session. If you are not a member of AGU and need a sponsor
number, let me know via e-mail and I can provide one.

AGU 2012 Meeting information is available at
http://fallmeeting.agu.org/2012/.

*The deadline for abstracts is August 8, 2012.*

*Session IN025: Geostationary Satellite Data Generation*

Geostationary satellites provide continuous observation of an area on the
Earth. Challenges in generating data from these sources differ from those
with satellites in other orbits. New technologies used in the next
generation satellites will provide improvements in types of data available
to the weather and science communities.  We also invite abstracts that
address the challenges of realizing the fullest information possible from
the integration or blending of real-time observations from multiple
instruments and platforms. These advances will result in more complex
product processing strategies to create new science products. Managing
increased product complexity while handling significantly increased data
volumes is a major challenge.

This session addresses informatics and data challenges with the goal of
sharing information on approaches and lessons learned.

Please excuse multiple postings and thanks for your consideration.

Co-Chairs:

Robin Krause, NASA/GSFC, GOES-R Ground Segment Deputy Project Manager

Michael Burnett, NASA/GSFC, GOES-R Ground Segment Chief Architect

Steven Goodman, NOAA/NESDIS, GOES-R Program Senior Scientist