[ESIP-all] [ESSI] Reminder: AGU session proposals are due soon!

Michael Piasecki mpiasecki at ccny.cuny.edu
Tue Apr 16 11:45:47 EDT 2013

Dear All in the ESSI community

I had agreed with Ruth on a triple reminder sequence on the AGU session
submission deadline which is coming up on Friday, April 19th, so here is the
3rd and possibly last one.

Only three more days to go!

. and there are only 5 sessions proposed so far (11:45am EST today). It is
time to get active and take on the lead on proposing a few more sessions. We
have nothing or little on semantics, interoperability is missing in all
titles (of course it is a long word and 800 chars are precious), little to
nothing on education, nothing on community development/governance (as are
other pieces from the EarthCube realm that are not here), nothing on
standards, . the list is really quite long.

Please start to think about more sessions and topics RIGHT NOW! We had over
30 last year, and even though we consolidated some, still had 20 plus left
at the end of that consolidation step. We are woefully short right now.

Thanks

Michael  Piasecki, Chair

AGU Earth Space Science Informatics Focus Group