[ESIP-all] Warning about AGU invited authors deadline

Joe Hourcle oneiros at grace.nascom.nasa.gov
Fri Jul 19 14:58:44 EDT 2013

On Jul 19, 2013, at 1:34 PM, Joe Hourcle wrote:

> I don't remember this happening in the past*, but it seems that if you have an invited author who is not already in the system, you might have to e-mail AGU them to have the person added.  It's kinda buried down at the bottom of their message:
>
> 	If an Invited Author is not an AGU member or you are unable to locate them in Abstract Central, please send their full contact information to abstracts at agu.org.

So, it seems that although they tell you to follow the instructions in Abstract Central, but those instructions are wrong, because AGU doesn't allow people to add invited authors themselves.  And it seems that it's an official policy change, based on the response I got.  (see below).

I'm guessing it's a form letter, as they didn't bother responding to my question about how long it'll take to get people entered on the day of our invited author deadline.

It's little crap like this that make me glad that I threw the ESSI secretary election.  I'm thinking this is probably going to be my last year with AGU unless they make some rather dramatic changes in policies ... and select an abstract system that doesn't seem like it's some bizarre psychological experiment to see how awful of a system that they can force us to use.

-Joe

Begin forwarded message: