[ESIP-all] Blog: Bridging across bridges - is complete

Arctur, David K david.arctur at utexas.edu
Wed Jan 14 16:38:04 EST 2015

Hello again,

I’ve completed a 3-part blog about engaging academia in geosciences standards development through loosely-coupled coordination between EarthCube and international standards organizations like W3C and OGC. Got some great comments on the first segment, posted Jan 9. I split the rest of it in 2 more segments, saving the EarthCube organizational suggestions for part 3. There’s navigation links at top & bottom, so start here again, and you can get to the rest of it quickly:
http://www.opengeospatial.org/blog/darctur-bridging_across_bridges_part1

I want to thank Steve Richard, Chris Tucker & others for developing the EarthCube Standards WG proposal last month; Chris’ comments in the proposal were the catalyst for writing this blog series.

Cheers, dka
—
David K Arctur, PhD
Research Scientist & Fellow, University of Texas at Austin
Leadership Council, NSF EarthCube
Research/Academic Advocate, Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC)
mobile +1 512 771 1434  ::  office +1 512 465 2299  ::  skype darctur

The future is here. It’s just not widely distributed yet.
  - William Gibson