[ESIP-all] HDF Workshop/Townhall at the upcoming ESIP Meeting

Ted Habermann thabermann at hdfgroup.org
Tue May 2 13:15:27 EDT 2017

Hello all,

Last month I send out a request for input on potential sessions for the HDF Workshop this summer at ESIP. Thanks to those of you that sent in ideas.

We have had some interesting developments in scheduling: John Readey will do a hands-on workshop Monday afternoon on the Highly Scalable Data Service (HSDS) that he is developing with support from NASA Access Program.  This workshop will be limited to ~25 people.

The HSDS Workshop will be Monday afternoon. The room is also available Monday morning. We are thinking that this could be a good time for discussion/tutorial of new or existing HDF features or capabilities. Are there specific topics that NASA/NOAA data users would like to address in such a format?

Your input on this workshop is important to us as we finalize the plans. Please let us know your preferences at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/8TLVWSV. Please let me know if you have questions or other ideas.

Thanks again for your help,
Ted Habermann

P.S. Presentations from all previous workshops are available at https://www.slideshare.net/hdfeos