[ESIP-all] Esri Imagery Education Community and Summit and Listserve- Nov 9-10, 2017--Please join us!

Tripp Corbett CCorbett at esri.com
Mon Aug 7 12:35:11 EDT 2017

Hi everyone,

I wanted to send out this invitation to the ESIP Community, as I think it is particularly relevant.

This November we are hosting a free summit in Redlands, CA for members of organizations with remote sensing and earth observation programs.  Even if you/an interested party cannot attend, the Register button below also provides the option to just sign up for the imagery in education Listserve our Imagery team (who also handle multidimensional EO data for Esri) will be standing up.

Over the last few years Esri has been advancing the capabilities in ArcGIS to better handle and work with imagery and multidimensional earth observation data.  While these advancements are useful, we feel we haven't been engaging with the research and higher education community as best as we could be to help professors and research managers understand how their GIS curriculum can be further evolved to incorporate valuable earth observation data with the new tools.

Further, as alluded to below, Esri would like feedback on the direction the user community would like us to take further development toward.  I personally believe that the many metadata experts on this email would have great feedback.

I know we have many university partners in ESIP, and many of you as scientists also work with universities who aren't yet part of ESIP.  My hope is you will find the below useful, forward it to your colleagues who may be interested, and that we will see you in Redlands.

I am happy to answer questions from those who have them.

Hope everyone had nice weekends,

-Tripp

-
Tripp Corbett | National Government NASA & FCC Accounts Manager
Esri | 8615 Westwood Center Drive | Vienna, VA 22182 | USA