[ESIP-all] Gateways 2020 Call for Participation (Tutorials due Apr. 28; other formats due May 11)

Nayiri Mullinix nayiri at umich.edu
Fri Apr 10 11:01:09 EDT 2020

*Call for Participation: Gateways 2020* (October 19–21, Bethesda, Maryland)
is now accepting submissions of short papers, demos, panels, tutorials, and
workshops on the topic of gateways for science, engineering, or other
disciplines.

*What’s a gateway?* Gateways are user-friendly interfaces to computing,
data, instruments, and other domain-specific resources to support research
and education. They may also be known as portals, virtual research
environments, eScience, virtual labs, eResearch, digital repositories, or
research cyberinfrastructure.

*Popular topics include:*

   - Gateway design, use, impact, development processes, sustainability, or
   best practices
   - Educational topics (tutorials, demos) directed toward the next
   generation of gateway creators as well as gateways used for education
   - Any other aspect interesting to fellow gateway creators or users, such
   as emerging capabilities, approaches or technologies

*Learning Labs* (impromptu group discussions and gatherings) will also be
welcoming early submissions as well as on-site proposed topics.

*Deadlines:*

   - Tutorials and Workshops: April 28 (new deadline to accommodate
   COVID-19 interruptions)
   - Short Papers, Demos, and Panels: May 11
   - Posters (open to all attendees): September 11

Read more details in the *Call for Participation:*
http://sciencegateways.org/gateways2020/call

*COVID-19 UPDATE:Because the COVID-19 outbreak is changing rapidly, we are
continuing to plan our October conference while monitoring the situation.
In case we have to cancel, we will strive to offer an alternative format,
and peer-reviewed, accepted submissions would still be published in the
Gateways 2020 Proceedings. Questions, concerns, and suggestions may be sent
to help at sciencegateways.org <help at sciencegateways.org>. *

--
Nayiri Mullinix
Community Engagement and Exchange Coordinator

105 S. State Street
University of Michigan
School of Information
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1285