[ESIP-all] *TODAY* IT&I Webinar: ESIP Collaboration Infrastructure 2.0

Megan Carter megancarter at esipfed.org
Thu Jun 11 12:27:03 EDT 2020

*ESIP Collaboration Infrastructure 2.0 (*TODAY* Thurs. June 11th at 3 pm
ET/12 pm PT)*
ESIP <http://esipfed.org/> has been a virtual organization for over 20
years with two in-person meetings a year, but our collaborative
infrastructure was lagging. Due to COVID-19, ESIP leadership decided to
move our next two in-person meetings to virtual meetings (announcement
<https://www.esipfed.org/monday-updates/special-esip-update-2020-esip-summer-2021-esip-winter-meetings-going-virtual>)
and to invest funding that would have been spent on travel into the ESIP
collaborative infrastructure. We are currently upgrading a few components
and today's webinar will have brief presentations about each of these:

   - Mediawiki upgrade from v1.19 to 1.34 of the ESIP Wiki
   - Utilizing QiqoChat to bring together our asynchronous workspaces with
   our virtual conferences and meetings
   - Becoming an ORCID member to gain access to ORCID API keys to integrate
   ORCID authentication into the wiki

*Presenters: *Erin Robinson
<https://www.esipfed.org/about/leadership/staff/erin-robinson> (ESIP), Ike
Hecht <https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/User:Tosfos> (WikiWorks), Lucas Cioffi
<https://www.linkedin.com/in/lucascioffi/> (QiqoChat), and Sheila Rabun
<https://orcid.org/0000-0002-1196-6279> (ORCID)

*Join: *See connection details here
<http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Interoperability_and_Technology/Tech_Dive_Webinar_Series#11_June_2020:_.22ESIP_Collaboration_Infrastructure_2.0.22_Erin_Robinson.2C_Ike_Hecht.2C_Lucas_Cioffi.2C_and_Sheila_Rabun>
.

This webinar is being hosted by the ESIP Information Technology &
Interoperability Committee (chaired by Dave Blodgett, USGS). To view past
and upcoming webinars in this series, please see

*Questions:* Contact staff at esipfed.org.