[Esip-datareadiness] [Reminder] Data Readiness Cluster August Call

Douglas Rao - NOAA Affiliate douglas.rao at noaa.gov
Mon Aug 9 16:00:49 EDT 2021

Dear cluster members,

Hope your summer is going well and you had a relaxing post-ESIP Summer
Meeting time.

First of all, thank you for those who contributed to the two AI-ready data
sessions during the ESIP Summer Meeting. We have more than 100 people
who attended our session during the summer meeting and we have collected a
lot of constructive feedback on the draft AI-readiness checklist through
our session. (More information about the session can be found in the
session notes below).

AI-Ready Data Session I - Notes
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FEcDSwHPoNbmA-bT2ec5XrznwnuuVbS1P4Trh1ZAiTQ/edit>
AI-Ready Data Session II - Notes
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FEcDSwHPoNbmA-bT2ec5XrznwnuuVbS1P4Trh1ZAiTQ/edit>

For our upcoming August telecon this Wednesday (08/11) at 1 pm ET, here are
the three topics that we will discuss

1. Recap of ESIP Summer Meeting session
2. Discussion of the draft assessment tool in companion with the checklist
3. Cluster plan for the next six months –  a common theme of the summer
session is that there are overlaps between AI-ready data and other
initiatives, such as analysis-ready data. To identify gaps between existing
initiatives and AI-ready data, we will invite representatives for these
initiatives to our cluster meeting to triage the differences.

You can join the cluster call using this Zoom link
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88105672081?pwd%3DZ2JPcjMzV3BpOWhQRkQ0b29LQlBlZz09&sa=D&source=calendar&ust=1628960566611837&usg=AOvVaw3AwzOHjNNpLGNGxRYPp24c>
.

Looking forward to talking with you all this Wednesday.

Best regards,
Douglas

--
Douglas Rao (he/him/his)
North Carolina State University <http://www.ncsu.edu>

douglas.rao at noaa.gov
+1.828.271.4903
Phone is currently not monitored during teleworking

"Every individual matters. Every individual has a role to play. Every
individual makes a difference.” – *Dr. Jane Goodall*