[Esip-datareadiness] [Reminder] Data Readiness Cluster November Meeting (Nov. 15, 13:00 EST/UTC-5)

Douglas Rao - NOAA Affiliate douglas.rao at noaa.gov
Mon Nov 14 12:58:05 EST 2022

Dear all,

This is a reminder for the Data Readiness Cluster Monthly Meeting for
November this Tuesday (*Nov. 15, 13:00 EST/UTC-5*).

We have two main agenda items for the meeting:
1. ESIP January Meeting session planning.

We submitted a session for January with Machine Learning Cluster and the
newly established NSF Research Coordination Network on FAIR in ML.

> Session title: FAIR for AI in Geoscience: From AI-Ready Data to Practical
> AI Models
>
> Session abstract: Artificial intelligence and machine learning (AI/ML)
> have shown potential in geoscience research and applications. The rapid
> growth of AI in geoscience is a result of the readily available open
> geoscience data and open science development of AI tools. However, the rise
> of AI in geoscience brings new challenges to the community. One such
> challenge is to ensure that AI in geoscience follows one of the key open
> science principles – Findable, Accessible, Interoperable, and Reusable
> (FAIR). This session aims to bring geoscience data and machine learning
> communities together to share diverse perspectives on integrating FAIR
> principles for different components of AI applications in geoscience
> including AI-ready data, AI models, and operational workflows. The session
> invites participants who are interested in advancing FAIR principles for
> digital research objects as well as AI practitioners to contribute to the
> community conversation.

We will plan for the session to discuss the session format and speakers to
invite for the session.

2. Cluster meeting and activity discussion

During the past few months, we have been focusing on the discussion of the
checklist and assessment tool improvement. But we seem to have reached a
plateau regarding the design of the AI-ready data matrics to present the
AI-readiness assessment results to assist data discovery and improvements.
So I would like to start the discussion on the planning for activities for
the next six months on this topic.

If you have comments and ideas regarding either of these topics, please
feel free to reach out in case you can't join the meeting tomorrow.

Zoom link:
> https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88105672081?pwd=Z2JPcjMzV3BpOWhQRkQ0b29LQlBlZz09
> <https://www.google.com/url?q=https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88105672081?pwd%3DZ2JPcjMzV3BpOWhQRkQ0b29LQlBlZz09&sa=D&source=calendar&ust=1668871300185295&usg=AOvVaw0NrZGc8FFI5aPZ6SKSeRSs> Meeting
> ID: 881 0567 2081
> Passcode: 006793

-Douglas

--
Douglas Rao (he/him/his)
Research Scientist

I work on a flexible work schedule and across a number of time zones.
Apologies for any out of hours email.

"Every individual matters. Every individual has a role to play. Every
individual makes a difference.” – *Dr. Jane Goodall*