[Esip-dds] Data Decadal Survey telecon today, 3:00 ET, WebEx info here

Anne Wilson anne.wilson at lasp.colorado.edu
Thu Apr 25 11:53:36 EDT 2013

Hi all,

Thank you for your thoughts towards our telecon today!  The WebEx info
is below.

If you have some spare brain cycles today please think about Paul's
paragraph:

"The summer ESIP panel could start with a description by a chair or
scientific expert member of a successful decadal survey in a diffuse
research area that is not too dissimilar to the field of research in
data management. The panel could include the perspectives of a research
funder who has implemented research priorities in a funding portfolio
based on another survey; a staffer who has directed such a survey at the
Academy; and one or more representatives of a research agency interested
in a data management research survey. Both substantive and
methodological issues could be addressed by the speakers."

Can you think of anyone that might have any of these or related
perspectives?

I wonder, can we get any funding to invite people to participate, or
must we rely on people that can fund themselves?

Is anyone that is willing to take notes for today's telecon?

Thanks!  Talk with you at 3:00.

Anne
--------

To start or join the online portion of the meeting:
https://esipfed.webex.com/mw0306ld/mywebex/default.do?siteurl=esipfed&service=1

   * Click join next to the meeting name, DDS Cluster. (Note: If the
     meeting has not yet started, join will not be visible, and it will
     say 'Display Info'. Wait a minute and refresh screen)
   * Enter your name and email address
   * If you are asked for a password, enter the access code:
     23138372 with no spaces or #.

To join the audio portion of the Conference meeting with the phone:

   * Call-in toll-free number (US/Canada): 1-877-668-4493
   * Attendee access code: 23138372#