[Esip-dds] Time to vote! Poll closes Thursday

Joe Hourcle oneiros at grace.nascom.nasa.gov
Tue May 14 07:14:09 EDT 2013

On May 13, 2013, at 8:03 PM, Anne Wilson wrote:

> Hi DDSers,
>
> It's time for us to make our list of who to actually invite to serve on the panel.  I made a quick search for a tool that allowed voting for multiple candidates but couldn't find one.  Nor could I see a way to make Doodle work for that purpose.
>
> Besides, 'It doesn't matter who votes, it matters who counts the votes.'   - Joseph Stalin
>
> So, please just send me your list of your top 4 candidates to serve on the panel, like Paul did below.  I will use some secret algorithm, er, sensible method to organize the votes into a final list.
>
> There's still time to lobby for someone in particular - if you feel someone is particularly good, let us know.  (IMO, Dan Baker would be very good!)
>
> Please send your votes to me by COB Thursday, 5/16.

I'm pretty sure that Google Docs has a way to make a form feed into a spreadsheet so that you can use it as a survey ... I've just never done it, and it's probably too late if we only have 3 days of voting.

(and I'm abstaining, as I'm trying to get permission to go to the SPD meeting, which conflicts w/ the ESIP meeting ... and is more expensive, too ... flights to Montana might be more expensive than last year's Alaska trip)

... but I still reserve the right to try to influence other people's votes.

-Joe