[Esip-disasters] FW: [AIP_Plenary] Introduction to the GEOSS Common Infrastructure (Session 1) - Wednesday 21th May 14:00 UTC

Moe, Karen (GSFC-4070) via Esip-disasters esip-disasters at lists.esipfed.org
Tue May 20 17:10:45 EDT 2014

This intro to GCI is timely…

GEO<http://www.earthobservations.org/index.shtml> has a Disasters activity as well as the infrastructure. The CEOS<http://www.ceos.org> work on disasters architecture (GA4D<http://www.ceos.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=164&Itemid=252>) was coordinated with the GEOSS Architecture Implementation Pilot (AIP-5). GCI is intended to serve a broader scope than disasters and addresses common infrastructure needs.