[Esip-discovery] DCP-1 ratified. more DCP specs needed for greater ESIP Discovery interoperbility.

Hua, Hook (388C) hook.hua at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed Mar 23 15:12:48 EDT 2011

Hi Matt,

I definitely concur with you. I had just wanted to point out that other mechanisms exists that do the automatic threaded syncing for us.

Reflecting back on our first round with DCP-1,  I noticed that since we used wiki.esipfed.org's mediawiki's Page Discussion feature, it seemed to narrow the discussion to people who had actively went to the page (as opposed to also getting the posts into the mailing list).

It's interesting to note that Apache's discussion motto is that all communications is done via mailing lists. If it's not the mailing list, then it's not really on open record. Chris Mattman is familiar with this.

--Hook