[Esip-documentation] WDS keyword in NASA/GCMD question

Neff, Ellen P. (GSFC-610.2)[Wyle Information Systems, LLC] ellen.p.neff at nasa.gov
Tue Sep 1 09:42:02 EDT 2015

Good morning,

I’ve added the new Project Keyword to the GCMD database and it is good to go for use in the metadata. If your discussions prompt any other keyword-related changes or additions that may be needed, please just let us know and we’ll get those captured.

Thanks,
Ellen

Ellen Neff
Biological Science Coordinator - Global Change Master Directory
NASA Goddard Space Flight Center  - Greenbelt, Maryland
Phone: 301-614-6516
Email: ellen.p.neff at nasa.gov<mailto:ellen.p.neff at nasa.gov>

From: Mustapha Mokrane <mustapha.mokrane at icsu-wds.org<mailto:mustapha.mokrane at icsu-wds.org>>
Date: Monday, August 31, 2015 at 10:17 PM
To: Anna Milan - NOAA Federal <anna.milan at noaa.gov<mailto:anna.milan at noaa.gov>>, Kenneth Casey <Kenneth.casey at noaa.gov<mailto:Kenneth.casey at noaa.gov>>, Hernan Garcia - NOAA Federal <hernan.garcia at noaa.gov<mailto:hernan.garcia at noaa.gov>>, "Eugene.R.Wahl at noaa.gov<mailto:Eugene.R.Wahl at noaa.gov>" <Eugene.R.Wahl at noaa.gov<mailto:Eugene.R.Wahl at noaa.gov>>, Howard Diamond - NOAA Federal <howard.diamond at noaa.gov<mailto:howard.diamond at noaa.gov>>
Cc: Documentations <esip-documentation at lists.esipfed.org<mailto:esip-documentation at lists.esipfed.org>>, Microsoft Office User <ellen.p.neff at nasa.gov<mailto:ellen.p.neff at nasa.gov>>, Donald Collins - NOAA Federal <donald.collins at noaa.gov<mailto:donald.collins at noaa.gov>>, Jacqueline Mize - NOAA Affiliate <jacqueline.mize at noaa.gov<mailto:jacqueline.mize at noaa.gov>>, Mara Sprain - NOAA Affiliate <mara.sprain at noaa.gov<mailto:mara.sprain at noaa.gov>>, Philip Jones - NOAA Affiliate <philip.jones at noaa.gov<mailto:philip.jones at noaa.gov>>, WDS IPO <ipo at icsu-wds.org<mailto:ipo at icsu-wds.org>>
Subject: Re: WDS keyword in NASA/GCMD question

Dear Anna,

Thank you very much for your email and sorry for the delayed reply. I am still working my way through the pile of emails received during my summer break and I just caught up this one.

Your suggestion to create a new keyword for ICSU-WDS in the GCMD projects keywords seems extremely sensible. Please go ahead and let me know if there is something we can do on our side to help.

I am wondering also how we can ensure consistency in using this new metadata keyword for datasets associated with ICSU-WDS across the 4 WDS Members hosted in NOAA data centres (now under NCEI). For this purpose I am copying Ken and Howard (WDS Oceanography), Eugene (WDS Palaeoclimatology), Howard (WDC Meteorology Asheville) to initiate a dialogue and seek their advice.

With best regards.
Mustapha
--
[https://www.google.com/a/cpanel/icsu-wds.org/images/logo.gif]
Mustapha Mokrane, PhD. | Executive Director