[Esip-envirosensing] No Cluster call today - welcome Kristina - AGU & ESIP sessions

Scotty D Strachan strachan at unr.edu
Tue Dec 1 12:20:35 EST 2020

Dear EnviroSensors,

Just a reminder, there is NO EnviroSensing Cluster call today.

Starting this week is AGU 2020 (virtual edition), and the Cluster is convening both Oral and eLightning sessions. If you are signed up for AGU, don’t forget to watch the pre-loaded Oral presentations and then show up for the Live Q&A and eLightning talks!

AGU EnviroSensing Oral session Q&A: Friday, December 11th from 19:00 – 20:00 PST
AGU EnviroSensing eLightning session: Friday, December 11th from 10:30 – 11:30 PST

Hope to see many of you there! Several of the session participants, including invited speakers, are EnviroSensing Cluster contributors. Many thanks and kudos to them for their hard work in preparing their materials for the AGU community.

Then, on 27 January, the Cluster is running a planning session in ESIP Winter 2021 for a sensor training workshop:

https://2021esipwintermeeting.sched.com/event/g49Z/designing-a-virtual-hands-on-sensor-training-workshop-using-insights-and-lessons-learned-during-the-covid-19-pandemic

Finally, please welcome Kristina Fauss, our 2021 ESIP Student Fellow! Kristina comes to us from UCSB, where she is an active Ph.D. student in wildfire research. We are glad to have Kristina on board, and look forward to having her join the cluster as a fellow/colleague for 2021.

Best wishes of the holiday season to all – we know it’s been a tough year, and we have been encouraged by the high levels of participation in EnviroSensing in spite of exponentially increasing distractions from all quarters. Looking forward to 2021 😊

Cheers,
Renée & Scotty

Scotty Strachan, Ph.D.
Director of Cyberinfrastructure