[Esip-esda] ESIP Earth Science Data Analytics Session Presentations Posted

Kempler, Steven J. (GSFC-5860) steven.j.kempler at nasa.gov
Wed Jul 15 00:49:42 EDT 2015

Hi,
This morning we had an excellent ESDA cluster session entitled:

‘Teaching Science Data Analytics Skills, and the Earth Science Data Scientist’  (http://commons.esipfed.org/node/7999)

Featuring 3 very insightful speakers:

- Peter Fox, Earth & Environmental Sciences, Tetherless World Constellation, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute

- Wade Bishop, School of Information Sciences, University of Tennessee

- Karen Stocks, Director, Geological Data Center, Scripps Institution of Oceanography

(Unfortunately, our 4th speaker, Lewis McGibbney, was unable to make it.)

Peter, Wade, and Karen’s presentation are now posted (very good reads) at:

http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Earth_Science_Data_Analytics/Telecom_Presentations

Last 3 presentations listed.

Thanks for your relevant presentations and the significant discussion that it generated.

All,
Come join us in our Thursday at 10:30 ESDA session for:

‘The Need for Earth Science Data Analytics to Facilitate Community Resilience (and other applications)’  (http://commons.esipfed.org/node/7998

to decide the true meaning of Earth Science Data Analytics and other pertinent definitions relative to Earth science.