[Esip-infoquality] IQC sponsored session(s) idea for ESIP SUmmer meeting - ACTION REQUEST

Hampapuram Ramapriyan hampapuram.ramapriya at ssaihq.com
Mon Mar 13 20:49:56 EDT 2017

Dear IQC members,

Thanks to those that participated in the telecon last Thursday. The ESIP Summer meeting will be in July and the call for session proposals is out already. The proposals are due on April 10. We had a good discussion about the potential sessions related to IQC. David Moroni brought up the idea of getting some well-known speakers for a panel - which could be proposed as a plenary session, an IQC-specific session or a combination of both. The general topic would be uncertainty - how it is collected, conveyed, its importance to science as well as in communicating science to users/general public. We don't have a "cute" title yet, but you get the picture.

We would like your thoughts on speakers. Ideally they would be well-recognized by the community and would be exciting speakers. We would appreciate your entering nominations for speakers in the Google sheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1P_ry6yr1fIINOuwNUdUcri1DJV8jI_4-NnE2zWkRYdw/edit#gid=0 with the specifics -name, contact information, etc. Given that the deadline for the session proposals is April 10, and that we would like to have a good idea of the potential invited panelists by then, we would like your nominations by c.o.b. March 17. Following this I will send out another e-mail to all of you asking for your prioritization of the nominees. We will then invite the top four to six from the list to be our panelists. By the time we submit the session proposal, we should at least have sent out the invitations to panelists.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Rama

(on behalf of myself, Ge Peng and David Moroni - co-chairs of IQC)

H. K. Ramapriyan (Rama)

Science Systems and Applications, Inc.

NASA Goddard Space Flight Center

 <mailto:Hampapuram.Ramapriyan at ssaihq.com> Hampapuram.Ramapriyan at ssaihq.com

(805) 402-7125

(orcid.org/0000-0002-8425-8943)

Note: I am not a government employee and have no legal authority to obligate any federal, state, or local government to perform any action or payment.