[Esip-infoquality] Reminder - IQC Monthly telecon - February 13, 2018

Hampapuram Ramapriyan hampapuram.ramapriya at ssaihq.com
Mon Feb 5 21:13:07 EST 2018

All,

The next telecon of the Information Quality Cluster will be on Tuesday, February 13, 2018, starting at 8 AM US Pacific Standard Time (PST).

*        Meeting Agenda: I have posted a draft agenda on the usual Google doc we use for taking meeting notes. This is at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1T4wEmY48qpP7cDrbqV7tppkZ3q0GGkJNz_glvu4C2RI/edit. If you have any comments on the agenda, please let me know.

*        Invited Speaker: Please note that Allison Baer (Earth System Science Interdisciplinary Center, University of Maryland) has agreed to be the invited speaker at this meeting. She will be talking about "Diagnosing Understandability Challenges in NOAA Climate Prediction Center's Temperature and Precipitation Outlooks".  Allison's bio and an abstract of her presentation are in the attached document.

*        Uncertainty White Paper: Please note that one of the agenda items for this meeting is the development of a White Paper on Earth Science Data Uncertainty. Consider this e-mail an open invitation for the IQC members to get involved in contributing to the white paper in whatever capacity they wish to contribute (e.g., co-authors, reviewers). The current outline for the white paper is at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Vj0UArMaURuOt8-7A6NlelXSvcWb6LmYAypezszqvWA/edit. This outline will be open for comments and revisions until March 13, 2018.

Thanks.

Rama.

(On behalf of IQC co-chairs: H. K. (Rama) Ramapriyan, Ge Peng, and David Moroni)

PS - For your convenience I have also included the GoToMeeting instructions below:

GoToMeeting/Telecon Instructions:

*        To join the meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone, click:

o    <https://www.gotomeeting.com/join/240974205> https://www.gotomeeting.com/join/240974205

*        You can also dial in using your phone.

o   United States: +1 (312) 757-3121

o   Access Code: 240-974-205

H. K. Ramapriyan (Rama)

Science Systems and Applications, Inc.

NASA Goddard Space Flight Center

 <mailto:Hampapuram.Ramapriyan at ssaihq.com> Hampapuram.Ramapriyan at ssaihq.com

(805) 402-7125

(orcid.org/0000-0002-8425-8943)

Note: I am not a government employee and have no legal authority to obligate any federal, state, or local government to perform any action or payment.