[Esip-infoquality] Open Forum Session at ESIP Summer Meeting

Sarah Ramdeen sarah.ramdeen at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 20:30:50 EDT 2019

Hello Everyone,

The IGSN 2040 team would like to invite you to join us next week at our
ESIP session, “Open Forum IGSN 2040: Maturing a PID Organization toward
Sustainability”.  We are particularly interested in your communities (Data
Stewardship Committee, Information Quality Cluster, and Research Object
Citation Cluster) input as we explore solutions for a scalable and
sustainable future for the IGSN.

As background, the International Geo Sample Number (IGSN) is a specialized
PID for physical samples that ensures unambiguous citation and tracking of
these samples and links them to data and publications.  Originally
developed for the Earth Sciences, the IGSN has evolved into an
international PID system and is increasingly adopted by other disciplines
that need to refer to physical samples. The growing number and range of
stakeholders worldwide include, but are not limited to, researchers,
collection curators, and data managers.

For more information, see our abstract:

https://2019esipsummermeeting.sched.com/event/PtvD/open-forum-igsn-2040-maturing-a-pid-organization-toward-sustainability?iframe=no
Thank you and see you all next week!