[Esip-marinedata] Fwd: IOOS DMAC Tech Webinar 29 August - ROR Identifiers

Mathew Biddle - NOAA Federal mathew.biddle at noaa.gov
Tue Aug 13 16:30:47 EDT 2024

FYI, apologies for any cross-posting

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Laura Brenskelle - NOAA Affiliate <laura.brenskelle at noaa.gov>
Date: Tue, Aug 13, 2024 at 4:19 PM
Subject: IOOS DMAC Tech Webinar 29 August - ROR Identifiers
To: <ioos_tech at googlegroups.com>, <ioos.dmac.announcements at noaa.gov>, _NOAA
IOOS Program <NOAA.IOOS.Program at noaa.gov>
Cc: _NOS IOOS Data <data.ioos at noaa.gov>, Jennifer Devine - NOAA Affiliate <
jennifer.devine at noaa.gov>, Jennifer Fagan-Fry - NOAA Federal <
jennifer.fagan-fry at noaa.gov>

Hi everyone,

This month's IOOS DMAC Tech webinar on *Thursday, August 29 at 3 pm Eastern*
will feature guest speakers Jennifer Devine and Jennifer Fagan-Fry from the
NOAA Central Library for a webinar titled "Research Organization Registry
Identifiers for IOOS Regional Associations". We encourage DMAC
representatives from the RAs to attend this webinar to learn more about
Research Organization Registry (ROR) identifiers and how they can be useful
for the RAs and IOOS community at large.

Agenda:
- Introduction to ROR Identifiers and why to use them
- Using ROR for tracking metrics
- How to create and manage an ROR for your organization
- RORs and OceanExpert
- Q&A

This webinar will be recorded and made available for those who are unable
to attend. Because we are recording the webinar, we will be using a
different Google calendar event than normal. We also ask that all attendees
keep their cameras off until the Q&A portion of the webinar, when the
recording has ended. Please see the calendar invite information below and
the attached information about NOAA Privacy policies in regards to the
webinar recording.

August IOOS DMAC Tech Webinar
Thursday, August 29 · 3:00 – 4:20pm
Time zone: America/New_York
Google Meet joining info
Video call link: https://meet.google.com/dde-pyjn-gae
Or dial: ‪(US) +1 727-217-5730‬ PIN: ‪230 049 054‬#
More phone numbers: https://tel.meet/dde-pyjn-gae?pin=1492740237861

Please let us know if you have any questions. We look forward to seeing you
there!

Thanks,

The IOOS DMAC Team

--

Laura Brenskelle, Ph.D. (she/her) | Integrated Systems Solutions, Inc.
Physical Scientist
laura.brenskelle at noaa.gov
ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-9284-8871

--