[Esip-preserve] Anybody out there yet?

Ruth Duerr rduerr at nsidc.org
Fri Feb 6 16:43:22 EST 2009

Hi Bruce,

I'm glad to see that retirement hasn't diminished your zeal for this
topic.  You are anticipating one of the major topics of our first
cluster telecon which should be held either the end of next week or
the beginning of the week thereafter.  I haven't sent an invite out
yet as I am waiting for telecon details.

I should note that actually there are several bits of the government
authorized to archive various things.  NOAA is definitely one of them,
NARA another, but USGS, NASA and other agencies have responsibilities
in certain areas too.  As you might expect the law isn't entirely
consistent or clear and how funding traces to the legal language is
yet another ugly story.  But that said, if the cluster members agree
with your suggested agenda for the summer meeting, I think USGS at a
minimum needs to be added to the list.  Moreover, I could probably
drum up someone at the LOC.

- Ruth