[Esip-preserve] DOI landing pages

Conover, Helen HConover at itsc.uah.edu
Tue Aug 21 14:50:01 EDT 2012

Hi Curt,

To answer some of your questions...

No, we haven't really looked at providing this type of general information in ISO 19115.  We're waiting for ESDIS guidelines and recommendations.  However, we can export essentially this same information in DIF and ECHO-10 formats.  ISO would be just another metadata export, once schemas and conventions are set.

Yes, we're working with ISO Lineage, at both granule and series levels.  We are currently re-examining what information to include at each level, how much overlap between the two levels, etc.

No, I haven't had time to look at W3C PROV -- good intentions only.

- H

Helen Conover       hconover at itsc.uah.edu
Information Technology and Systems Center
University of Alabama in Huntsville
Huntsville, AL 35899
Voice:  256-961-7807   FAX:  256-824-5149