[Esip-preserve] Dynamic data citation workshop telecon Monday at 1pm EST

Ramdeen, Sarah via Esip-preserve esip-preserve at lists.esipfed.org
Fri Nov 14 17:21:41 EST 2014

Hello everyone,

We will be holding a telecom Monday, November 17, at 1:00 PM EST to discuss the Dynamic Data workshop.  Please let me know if you have any questions and I can address them on the call.  Or if you have time, feel free to attend the call if you are interested in the organization of the workshop.  Below are two of the topics we will be working on - overviews of the data sets and developing an agenda.

Thanks!
Sarah

Repeat of information provided by Andreas:

1)      Request for information

>From the data provides

a.       What would be helpful for me to have is some information on the data sets, i.e. a short description of what the data looks like, how it is stored/managed, what it's dynamics is like, and how it is being used, i.e. how do researchers select/identify/use subsets of the data.

b.      What would you expect to see as the ideal outcome from the workshop?

2)      Draft agenda
- opening/welcome/whatever
13:30-14:00: 10-15 mins intro to the solution + 15-20 mins Q&A
14:00-15:00:  4x15mins per use case:
                      10 mins introduction (focusing on the key challenges and issues,
                       and how the solution might be adopted if deemed possible, limitations seen,...)
                      plus 5mins Q&A per use case
This would allow us to discuss the suitability of the solution in principle in the first session

15:00-15:30: <30 min break with discussions, further Q&A, ...>

15:30-16:30:  1hr of break-out groups (in the same room, around flip charts or something like that) to sketch a potential solution for each use case on how to implement
  - the time stamping
  - the versioning
  - the subset selection in the researchers' workbench (depending on how they access the data)
  - evaluate advantages, disadvantages, potential show-stoppers,
16:30-17:00:  30 mins for summarizing the key findings
                      (4x5 mins per group plus 10 mins discussion)

Depending on the participants' schedules we could then continue the discussion individually after the official end, over some dinner, or even on the next day.

These are the webex instructions:
To Join the online portion of the Personal Conference meeting
1. Go to https://esipfed.webex.com
2. Click the "Meeting Center" tab
3. Select the Data Stewardship
If a password is required, enter the Meeting Password: 23138372

To start the audio portion of the Personal Conference meeting w/ phone
Call-in toll-free number (US/Canada): 1-877-668-4493
Call-in toll number (US/Canada): +1-408-600-3600
Call-in toll number (US/Canada)*: +1-571-918-6008
Global call-in numbers: https://esipfed.webex.com/esipfed/globalcallin.php?serviceType=MC&ED=9910728&tollFree=1
Toll-free dialing restrictions: http://www.webex.com/pdf/tollfree_restrictions.pdf

Sarah Ramdeen PhD Student
School of Information and Library Science
University of North Carolina
ramdeen at email.unc.edu<mailto:ramdeen at email.unc.edu>
http://ramdeen.web.unc.edu/