[Esip-preserve] FW: Reminder: Data Skills Curricula Framework Webinar 19 April

Nancy Hoebelheinrich nhoebel at kmotifs.com
Wed Apr 18 21:51:54 EDT 2018

Hello, everyone:

I am forwarding a reminder to you about a very interesting webinar scheduled
for tomorrow, Thursday, April 19th.  Hope you can join Rowena Davis from the
Belmont Forum and me as we welcome Vicky Lucas to present information about
the Belmont Forum's Data Skills Curricula Framework.

Kind regards,

Nancy

 <https://kmotifs.com/> _LOGOhiResTRANSPARENT_4800pxRGB

Nancy J. Hoebelheinrich

Information Analyst/Principal

nhoebel at kmotifs.com

San Mateo, CA  94401

(v) 650-302-4493

(f) 650-745-3333

Dear All,

Thank you to all who have expressed interest in the Data Skills Curricula
Framework Webinar. We hope you can join the discussion regarding development
of a collective resource to facilitate the acquisition of common data skills
among researchers this Thursday at 16:30 UTC. More information with an
agenda and an opportunity to sign up is available here:
http://bfe-inf.org/info/webinar-data-skills-curricula-framework

Please forward to colleagues who may be interested. Apologies for
cross-posting.

Timeframe: Thursday, April 19, 2018 16:30 UTC (9:30 PDT/12:30 EDT/18:30
CEST)

CALL IN INFORMATION:  <https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/328507821>
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/328507821

Who should attend: all involved in data skills capacity building, connecting
researchers to data, developing science sharing materials or platforms,
working to promote the principles of open science, or are curious about data
literacy.

Details: How can the data community help researchers develop data skills?

>From discipline specific venues for researchers to wide-ranging conferences
and forums for data professionals, many groups are investigating data
skills. There is a global interest in convergence on what skills are needed
for different tasks, effective training methods, and where to find
appropriate educational materials to help make data more shareable, open,
transparent when possible, and FAIR (findable, accessible, interoperable,
re-usable).

On 19 April 2018, a one hour webinar will offer introductory information
about a collaboratively developed Belmont Forum
<http://bfe-inf.org/sites/default/files/doc-repository/Outline_Data_Skills_C
urricula_Framework.pdf> Data Skills Curricula Framework by a key author for
the Framework, Vicky Lucas.  Ms. Lucas' presentation will be followed by Q&A
and discussion on collaboration opportunities, development options, and
related topics.

The webinar is co-hosted by the Belmont Forum e-Infrastructures and Data
Management project, ESIP's Data Management Training Working Group, and the
AGU/RDA/ESIP Enabling FAIR Data project.

Call-in information can also be found on the ESIP telecon calendar at:
<http://www.esipfed.org/telecons> http://www.esipfed.org/telecons under
"Data Management Training Webinar".  The webinar will be recorded and made
available for listening after the event.  Questions can be directed to
Belmont Forum e-I&DM Training Coordinator, Rowena Davis (
<mailto:rowenaidavis at email.arizona.edu> rowenaidavis at email.arizona.edu), or
ESIP Data Management Training Working Group Chair, Nancy Hoebelheinrich  (
<mailto:nhoebel at kmotifs.com> nhoebel at kmotifs.com).

Thank you,

Rowena Davis

Project Coordinator

Belmont Forum e-Infrastructures and Data Management <http://bfe-inf.org/>

Tel: + 520.621.2408

Arizona Geological Survey

University of Arizona College of Science

1955 E 6th St

PO Box 210184

Tucson, AZ 85721

 <mailto:rowenaidavis at email.arizona.edu> rowenaidavis at email.arizona.edu