[Esip-sustainabledm] ESIP abstract deadline this week; sessions for Sustainable Data Mgt cluster

Margaret O'Brien margaret.obrien at ucsb.edu
Wed Mar 30 11:15:02 EDT 2016

Hello Group -
During the March call, we had thought that some sessions at the summer
meeting were in order. These were for:
a) ROI,
b) Common Technical Vision (CTV), and
c) a follow-up on the work since last year.

Philip has put in the follow-up session:
http://commons.esipfed.org/node/9099

and Nancy/Anne/Ruth are working on the ROI session, and planning some
prelim discussions as well.

Do we have an interest in the CTV session? We could frame this as not
only CTV, but also to outline initial features of a gap analysis, as
this would be likely to be part of (or precursor to) an implementation
of a vision. Some of us are likely to find the gap analysis interesting
in it's own right (me, for instance); you may recall that Landscape/Gap
analysis was the 3rd interest group at the Tempe meeting. With enough
interest, we'll get an abstract together - the deadline is Friday.

For reference, here are the March telecon notes:
http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Sustainable_Data_Management/20160311_telecon_notes

and the Tempe notes "interest groups" are in the bottom quarter of the page:
http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Notes_from_Collaborative_Strategies_for_Sustained_Environmental_Data_Management_workshop_(Tempe,_AZ_Nov_2015)

best,
Margaret

--