[Esip-sustainabledm] Sustainable Data Management - Cluster highlights, for ESIP

Margaret O'Brien margaret.obrien at ucsb.edu
Thu Jun 23 12:46:18 EDT 2016

Hi all -

In prep for the upcoming summer meeting, ESIP has asked that we provide
3 highlights of our activities this year for their
state-of-the-federation report. Here is what I have drafted for the cluster:

1. Formed the cluster in January 2016 to investigate and promote
pathways for sustainable, increased collaboration and coordination among
repositories and data practitioners

2. Focused first efforts on the repositories themselves, to understand
the return on investment (ROI), the landscape of services offered, and
to develop a common technical vision.

3. First steps for ROI and landscape analysis are focused on examining
available resources such as reports on business models and cost recovery
options for repositories, and registries of repositories and their
services (e.g. re3data, COPDESS, RDA, CDF).

Also, they have asked for an info-graphic if we have one -- Shelley
Stall has offered one of her (and Erin's) bubble graphs showing roles
and interactions.

Does that sound OK? We can have more detail on the poster, and during
the sessions of course.

Margaret

--
Margaret O'Brien