[Esip-sustainabledm] Where are the ESSI Fall Meeting Session Proposals? - only 3 days to go...

Charles Fulco saros61 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 16 13:15:02 EDT 2017

All--

I would be very happy to submit a report on the total solar eclipse of Aug
21, and the many facets of public and educational eclipse outreach that I
have been engaged in.

If there is any particular aspect of this that you would be interested in
hearing, please let me know.

Charles

On Sun, Apr 16, 2017 at 2:25 AM, Lesley Wyborn <lesley.wyborn at anu.edu.au>
wrote:

> Dear all
>
> Where are your session proposals?????
>
> I know that Ruth Duerr (our ESSI President) is assuring me that ESSI
> people always leave it to the absolute last minute and is asking me not to
> panic (yet), but as it currently stands we only have  10 sessions proposed
> for ESSI for AGU this fall.
>
> This is cutting it down to the wire: last year we had 45 ESSI session
> proposals, so it is looking pretty slim.
>
> We also do not have a single Union session on Geoinformatics or
> Computational Geoscience.…
>
> This is a shame because when you look at the session submissions page on
> https://fallmeeting.agu.org/2017/session-proposals/  , it states: “* This
> year sessions on the topics of data & emerging technologies and geohealth
> are of particular interest to the Fall Meeting Program Committee.**” *
>
> It is great that AGU are recognising the importance of Data on this page
> and it would be good to have a wide range of sessions around this topic.
>
> I do hope that Ruth is correct and that right now, you are all working on
> writing those session proposals that are going to make this years AGU Fall
> Meeting one of our best for ESSI.
>
> I also appreciate that for some of you on the US  West Coast, getting to
> New Orleans will be a challenge…
>
> Take care
>

> Lesley, Jane and Mark
> The ESSI AGU Fall Meeting Program Committee team
>
> PS a big bunch of roses to Jeff de la  Beaujardiere and his co-convenors
> (Emily, Steve and Mike) for getting the first ESSI session proposal in
> about 5 weeks before everyone else.
>

> From: American Geophysical Union <aguservice at agu.org>
> Date: Thursday, 13 April 2017 at 1:35 AM
> To: Lesley Wyborn <lesley.wyborn at anu.edu.au>
> Subject: 1 Week Left to Submit Fall Meeting Session Proposals
>
>  Click here to access the web version of this message
> <http://send.agu.org/link.cfm?r=ZODxZeHUB0smL1qLTeSUdQ~~&pe=qrcZ8XF6i09J323YmeJQE19k2VF6WYudhflFTmYbGZAWrrCPJv01KDainKA_WbkgYZPqq59CYGqI8Otho6WuXQ~~>
> .
> [image: Fall Meeting logo]
> <http://send.agu.org/link.cfm?r=ZODxZeHUB0smL1qLTeSUdQ~~&pe=zQpSXHpP3o641PWapNbrtqnpYAzdgR_Ujbr-TaEtrqCGQn8aivoANg9cUWmJbviLpAFNICvf1vwsSKxE8g4Xvg~~>
>
> *One Week Left to Submit!*
>
> You have one week left to submit a Fall Meeting session proposal. Take
> advantage of the opportunity to shape the scientific program.
>
> All fields of scientific interest will be well-represented in New Orleans
> at the most influential gathering of Earth and space scientists in the
> world. This year sessions on the topics of data & emerging technologies and
> geohealth are of particular interest to the Fall Meeting Program Committee. Read
> more about these topics
> <http://send.agu.org/link.cfm?r=ZODxZeHUB0smL1qLTeSUdQ~~&pe=SIQWHD3-C38vzA8WVnMCEwBTbw2GXgiC2Zx90pofKN64kohtF3VyGRT2QZt5jhmFkHV3cQsxMoE_TVLItEqwYQ~~>,
> [...]

*Charles Fulco*
*914-552-0871*
*FB/Twitter: Totality2017*

   - *NYS Science Consultant/Curriculum Writer*
   - *NASA Solar System Ambassador*
   - *American Astronomical Society, **Education Outreach Committee, **2017
   U.S. Total Solar Eclipse Task Force*